Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

It was so nice to spend Thanksgiving with my sister and her family. It's been a few years since I have been able to be with family for this holiday. Last year however I was in New York City and the weather was amazing. We watched the Macy's Day Parade and then headed for Whole Foods got our turkey dinner to go and walked to Central Park where Shelley, Anne, and I had one of my favorite Thanksgivings of all time.



Shelley and I with the kids and my brother in laws parents before the turkey trot


Here we are stretching ..... getting ready for the big 1 mile family run/walk


Elle and Coop and I finishing the big race

Car and Jack finishing the race. He is 3 and ran the whole time pretty much


The kids with their medals and us 3 looking not so beautiful in the background

Elle and I

She is getting too old. She wanted a picture of herself b/c I flat ironed her hair and it was looking very long and she loved the flower in her hair.

Shelley and I helped with crafts.... turkey hats or any kind of hat really

Kids decorating cupcake turkeys

After Thanksgiving! Need I say more?


This year I was able to actually contribute. I made layered jello and some ham roll ups. My friend Shelley and I got to my sisters nice and early so we could join her for the Mesa Turkey Trot. We started at 8: 00 am with the 1 mile fun run for kids. So Shelley, my sister , and I each had one of her children and ran the 1 mile with them. Then the 3 of us stayed for the 9:00 10k. It was so nice to get in a run before eating all day. We then ran to her house which added another 1/2 mile or so. Altogether we ran almost 8 miles that morning. I haven't ran 8 miles in a while and my body is hurting a bit from it! : ) The rest of the day was spent lounging around and eating .

1 comment:

Summer Mike and Paxton said...

Hi Cassie! You are so fun. I am so jealous of your running...oh to commit! Call me when you're not conquering the pavement.