Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day 3 : Grand Cayman

Day 3 was Grand Cayman. It was so pretty here. When we woke up and looked off our balcony the water was gorgeous. We loaded our bags and headed down to the dining room to get our ticket to get off the ship. In Grand Cayman they were tendering us in on little boats. So... since this ship is brand new and they had never done it before the wait in the dining room for them to call our number was at least an hour. So... Shelley and I got our number and joined the other hundreds of people. Started talking to a random family on the ship when I see my mom walk in with our family friends. I walk over to them knowing that our friends have hook ups to get us off the ship quicker. Sure enough mom says to grab Shelley and get over there. Turns out since our friends had cruised with Princess cruises many times before and they sell cruises they had passes to get us off as soon as the next group was called. Thank goodness. Come to find out later, people waited 2 1/2 hours to get off the ship. The tender to the island was slow and a little choppy making me want to vomit but we made it there eventually.



Shelley happy to finally be on the tender to Grand Cayman


This is the tender we waited for - about 50 people at a time can be taken to shore. Ugh!


They take your picture every time you get off the ship with some theme. Then you can buy the picture for some outrageous price. Shelley and I preferred finding the photo and taking a pic of it with our own cameras. This one cracked us up. This chick has the same face in every single pirate photo she took. There are like 3,000 people on the ship to let you know. The face would get old.

Ship from Grand Cayman

Grand Cayman: I forgot the name of the town we were in though. Whoops

Can't get enough of the water


We spent the morning walking around shopping and taking random photos.

Met a pirate! Big Whoop!

I feel as bad as I look in this picture. Water was choppy and there was lots of waiting to go back to the ship!


My one regret in Grand Cayman is not going to 7 mile beach to spend the day. I hear it is gorgeous. However it can be so expensive to take a taxi to get to beaches on Caribean Islands and then you have to pay for a lounge chair, blah blah blah. When you are cheap like me ... you go back to the ship where there is a free lounge chair, free food, free pool ( not a huge fan of swimming in the ocean. Hate salt water and creatures at my feet), free movies, etc.



That night there was a deck luau party. We hung out on the top deck for a while then moved on down to join the party. Couldn't miss the conga line, limbo, the macarena, etc. It was pretty fun even though I haven't done many of those dances in ages. : )

No comments: