Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day 6: Princess Cays, Bahamas

Our day in the Bahamas was by far my favorite. Princess Cruise Line owns their own little island in the Bahamas. So when you get off the ship the white beaches are lined with lounge chairs and there is lots to do. You can snorkel, rent paddle boats, jet skis, cabanas, bungalow, water bikes, said boats, etc. The waiters from the ship are on shore to take drink orders, they serve you a bbq lunch at their kitchen . The weather was beautiful and it was relaxing to lay on the beach and look out into the gorgeous ocean surrounding us. Just mom , Shelley , Ryan, and I enjoyed the beach in the Bahamas. Everyone else stayed on the ship!




Pictures taken by cruise ship as we got off the boat for the day!

My smile is a little weird but I like the coloring in the picture

Love this pic of Shelley. The sky and the water are so pretty

Another one of me on the balcony of our room with a more normal smile. : )


Mom, Ryan, and I scouting out the perfect spot for the day

No idea what I'm doing

Pina Coladas on a nice, warm, humid day............delicious

There is deep meaning behind this picture of me with my Coke. The first day we got on the ship I bought a soda sticker meaning I get unlimited soda the whole cruise on the ship. You just show them your card and voila a soda. It was $25.00 and well worth it b/c I could use it to get Shelley and my mom soda too. A can of soda on the ship is 2.00 plus 15 % gratuity so the sticker for soda is a good idea. Anyways, the first day I get the card i realize their giving us fountain soda which is not my favorite anyways. I like my Coke from a 12 oz can. It tastes the best. So... I realize it tastes horrible. Shelley had gotten a diet soda and said the same thing. My mom tasted it and said it tasted like Pepsi. Ugh! So .... I got a refund on my soda card. Then I tried to just buy a can of soda on the ship..... same thing. So we read the back of the can and realize they have brought the soda from Europe. The ship had just come to Florida from there. Europe uses different ingredients to sweeten their soda we find out. Here in the US we use the real healthy stuff ... High Fructose Corn Syrup....! Not sure exactly what they use but it sucks. So when Shelley and I got off in Mexico the search began for a can of soda made in either Mexico or the US. We were successful and each got a can. Then a few days later we were in Grand Cayman and saw canned soda and the can actually said Diet Coke. On the ship it's called Coke Light so we knew right away the soda was from the good ole USA. It was an exciting day and an even better day when we popped open those cans and tasted the sweet amazingness that was all too familiar... an amazing glass of Coca - Cola for me and an amazing glass of Diet Coca - Cola for Shells bottled in Atlanta, Ga. Then when we got off the ship in the Bahamas I picked up a can and once again saw it was made in the USA. So of course we ordered soda right away. I don't drink a lot of soda but when I do ..... i'm pretty particular about it! For those of you who know me ...... The more ice the better! : 0

This is the life....
He is the funniest kid..... love his dirty cupcake face

He was so excited to float in the ocean. The salt water is much easier to float in then the pool. He figured that out real quick.




My mom and I . Too bad I look ghostly white next to her! Sad part is... she gets even more tan then this!
Ryan and I swimming in the ocean. Yes.... I actually got in the ocean. It was so hot out and the water was so warm. I couldn't pass it up. Plus he's pretty fun to play with.


I really do hate going under the water. When I come up my eyes are burning and my mouth has a gross salt taste in it! I like to complain .... I know!


This is my favorite picture of Ryan. His friend is playing in the ocean and he is just standing there looking at the little wave. It's hilarious. I wish I knew what was going on in my head here.


Love that little smile. Ryan is one of the funniest kids I know. Shelley and I enjoyed all our time spent with him. You never know what he is going to say.


My beautiful mom

Mom and I chillin at the end of the day! Finally put on a hat to protect my face that had gotten enough sun the day before.

Ice Cream, delicious topping, fresh made waffles to go with it! Could it get any better? Nope
Got back on the ship from the Bahamas just in time for free ice cream and waffles. Absolutely delicious. Not a bite was left


Shelley looks like she is enjoying every bite!

My mom getting ready ... usually at this time she was showered and almost ready and Shelley and I were on the beds falling asleep.

After dinner we visited with our family friends and hung out a while. Then decided to go to the library on the ship and get a scrabble board game. Earlier in the cruise we discovered the library had like 6 boards of scrabble and every other game you can think of. So we had played one night earlier in the weeke with my mom. So we headed to the library and discovered they also had the bigger version that spun. And..... And..... guess what else? A scrabble dictionary. Shelley and I couldn't believe we had not seen this earlier in the week. What a shame! So we grabbed a board game and the dictionary and headed to the lounge where they were having a show in an hour or so. We wanted good seats so we decided to play this addictive game in the meanwhile and save our front row seats. We cheated the whole time. We would use to dictionary to make words. SO our game was very long but I learned a lot of words for all the hard big scoring letters. LOL. So... here is Shelley cheating on her turn!

I am a nerd and absolutely love Scrabble. I love games in general but scrabble has my Heart right now!

My mom met up with us right before the show started and we all ordered our last round of Pina Coladas! They were huge... but delicious of course! The rim was coated in fresh coconut!

Shels and I before the Princess Pop- Stars Finale Show

No comments: