Saturday morning I got up nice and early to go to our ward service project. We combined with the family ward in our building and went to a citrus farm to pick grapefruit for St. Mary's Food Bank. It was a lot of fun and a great way to start off a Saturday.
That night I had the opportunity to attend a fireside by Elder Bednar at the Red Mountain Institute Building. It was for young single adults. It was amazing. There were so many people there. I can't even describe the feeling of being in the room as he opened it up to questions for the whole 2 1/2 hours to teach us "the process". He was trying to get the point across to us that we don't need an apostle of the Lord to come for us to receive Revelation. The spirit was amazing! The night was over before we knew it. I am so grateful for the opportunity to hear him speak!
Monday I didn't have to work so I spent the day with my sister and the kids. We decided to go hiking. We ended up in Fountain Hills at McDowell National Park (something like that). We chose a hike that would work with the kids and up we went.
Right before we started
Fun little bench on the way up
At the top having a few snacks
Car and the kids on the hike down
Group Shot
The kids at the park in Fountain Hills
Being a good aunt and pushing them on the tire swing
Gelato......delicious!
This is what happens when you're 6 and go to bed at midnight the night before.
Jack pretending to be asleep
Cooper ...... addicted to Mario Brothers on his DSSuch a great Weekend! Gotta Love Phoenix in January ..... 80 degrees!
1 comment:
Oh I am so jealous! 90 degree weather that is amazing! How neat that you got to be in a fireside with Bro. Bednar...I'm sure it was amazing!
Post a Comment