Saturday January 3, 2009 she was baptized a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
My heart is so full of gratitude for a loving Heavenly Father who placed us in each other's lives. Since she has started coming to church I have seen such a huge change of heart in her. She has such growing faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. She walks around with a big smile on her face. She is so happy and at peace. I have been so blessed to have her in my life. I have learned so much from being part of her conversion. My testimony has been enriched because of her. I know without a doubt that the church is true. Joseph Smith restored the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that my Heavenly Father has given us commandments to keep us safe, scriptures to help us navigate through life's tough roads, the ability to talk to him through prayer and to have our prayers answered. He has given us a living prophet on earth to lead and guide us during these challenging times. He has given us temples where we can make more covenants and be sealed together as families. I know that the gift of the Holy Ghost is a blessing and protection in our lives. Missionary Work is so important.....I know the Lord will reward and richly bless us as we humbly and prayerfully serve him. I know he places those in our path who are being prepared to receive the restored gospel if we will listen to the Holy Ghost to seek them. I bear testimony that these things are true.
Congratulations Sarah! I am so honored to be a part of your story! Thank You!
After Sarah's Baptism we decided to go to dinner to celebrate. We went to Grand Lux Cafe in Scottsdale, Arizona. Here are a few pics......
My nephew Jack and I ..... they give kids Wixie Sticks to play with..... way to go Brannie on making such fabulous spectacles.
Jack, Carly, and I at dinner
Brannie and Cooper ...... Cooper made her an eye patch : )
Sarah and Mary
Shelley and Elle
Brannie, Cooper, and I
Sunday was an even more amazing day. Sarah was confirmed a member of the church on Sunday January 4, 2009 and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. You could see her beaming as she walked back to sit down. I am so happy for her. For the truth she has found in her life. I found myself full of love and gratitude once again as I was able to feel the spirit in the chapel.
After church we went to dinner at my aunts house and then hurried off to a Mission President's Fireside where Sarah was asked to speak about her conversion. The fireside was filled with phenomenal musical numbers and speakers. The room was packed with investigators, converts, and missionaries. She was so nervous to speak and I don't blame her but it just goes to show what an amazing person she is. There is a good reason the missionaries asked her to speak a day after her baptism and that is because she is awesome. She did such a great job and it is so humbling to hear her story of meeting me. If I had not taken that opportunity to talk about the church and share my religion with her... where would she be today? I think about that question a lot.
2 comments:
What an amazing story. Thank you so much for sharing Cassie...you have inspired me!!
oh cass, you are so sweet. i miss you so much. we need to plan a trip soon.
Post a Comment