Monday, February 2, 2009

1/2 Marathon: London's Run 2009

As I've said before I am training for a marathon in DC on the 21st of March. Shelley and I had to have a qualifying time to enter the race so we ran a local 1/2 marathon this past Saturday. The run was to benefit children's cancer charities. Here is the link http://www.londonsrun.org/ . The race was pretty much on farm roads meaning all dirt and very uneven. Good run though. My sister and the kids came out to cheer us on which is always nice b/c you have someone to look forward to seeing on the course. : )




The night before we spent the night at my sisters and as the kids were going to bed they asked us to make them signs to hold up for us. So here is our cheering squad holding the signs and some flags they had around the house.

Here I am ... maybe mile 10

After a quick hello to my family I was off..... trying for my best time

Shells reaching mile 10


After the race

With the kids


Since it was a race to benefit kids cancer charities there was all sorts of things for kids to do. Bouncy houses, rock wall, face painting, etc. Here are Elle and Coop giving it a go at the rock wall.


Car, Jack, and I

That night my sister, our friend Emily, Shelley, and I headed down to Mill Avenue by ASU for dinner at La Bocca (pizza joint) and a little shopping.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yuck, can you please take the last pic of me off . . .please

Summer Mike and Paxton said...

Congratulations. You are my hero. I'm so proud of you.

Tisdale Family said...

That is awesome Cass! London is the niece to one of my best friends. We were planning on going but Kirk ended up having to work and I didn't really feel like going alone! That is so awesome looks like there were so many cool things to do! Great job!

Mutation's Cantation said...

soo just that again but x2!!! YAYYY!