Thursday, October 16, 2008

Show Low , Arizona - Pine Top - Fun Fall Weekend

This past weekend my sister and her family invited Shelley and I to join them up North in Show Low, Arizona. They rented a cabin in Pine Top for the weekend. We got up really early Saturday morning and made the 3 hour drive. We got into town and met up with the family and headed to Snowflake to go to the "Fall Festival". The kids got some pumpkins and then we headed to the Snowflake temple since Shels and I had never been up there. We got out of the car and it was so windy you couldn't even walk straight. It almost blew Jack away. Then we headed to the cabin where we had a great weekend riding 4-wheelers, watching movies, playing scrabble, taking nature walks, little run in there, eating pumpkin bars, gaining 10 pounds, oh and freezing our butts off. Thanks Car and Kev for inviting us. It was so much fun. SHels and I both had to work Monday morning so Sunday evening we packed up and headed home.




On the hayride to the pumpkin patch

This picture cracks me up... thanks car

Kevin, Cooper, and Jack

Shels and I... not sure about my smile here


Look closely at Shelley's bangs

Jack, Elle, and I


Jack in his wagon

We thought it would be funny to take
a family pic b/c the wind was so crazy.
(click on the pic to see how Jack really )
felt about the wind

Who can resist a great jumping pic

Shells and I taking the kids out.
They referred to her as grandma on the 4 wheelers

Elle, Jack , and I ..... love his faces
Jack and I
Shelley and I made Pumpkin Bars
with Cream Cheese Frosting
and boy were they delicious for a late night snack
and for every meal the next day.
Movie Night: Halloween movie of choice: Hocus Pocus

Jack found these gloves and goggles in a drawer.
They became his 4 wheeling gear.
In his defense it was cold. I believe after this pic
they took the kids on a ride and called me to
have hot chocolate ready when they got back.
I checked the weather and it was 35 degrees out.
(check out his face... click pic to enlarge)

First my camera sucks... but this is of the boys and I

Nothing like a game of Jenga

Jumping pic...on our nature walk
She plays a mean game of scrabble

Shels and Cooper..... scrabble partners

Elle and I kicking butt at scrabble

4 comments:

Shyla said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend. Carly's kids are so cute. Elle looks just like her.

Anonymous said...

Gee, I wish my invisalign was working so my teeth didn't look so jacked up in the picture with you and Elle. . . I LOVE the pic of my three boys, they are all so handsome. . .

Brannigan said...

Seriously, the picture of Jack in his goggles and gloves it probably the funniest thing I have EVER seen. I've never laughed so hard a picture. Oh man. Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I love those kids, they are sooo funny.

Summer Mike and Paxton said...

Cassie, I just bought a candle warmer and a pumpkin pie candle. It just reminds me of good times. Miss you tons, looks like your having lots of fun. Take Care.