




This city has the most amazing vibe to it! There are so many people on the streets and so much going on at all hours of the day! Tom and I decided to go to NYC for the day. We caught the 4:15am bus from Baltimore to NYC. We got there about 7:30am and took a taxi to Battery Park to see the Statue of Liberty. Went to Ellis Island as well. Then headed to the World Trade Center and walked around. Jumped on the subway and headed uptown to Central Park. I've been to Central Park several times and today was by far my favorite time. It was nice and warm out maybe 70-75 degrees out. Everybody was out today. Everywhere you looked people were riding bikes, carriage rides, sunbathing, playing frisbees, running, people watching, etc. We walked around for a while then sat in the grass and had a snack.. .then wandered over to the boathouse. We decided to rent a row boat like you see in all the movies. It was fun. Thank goodness Im so strong and could row the boat for Tom and I (lol). He had no clue : )! After this we walked towards 5th avenue and saw Trump Tower, H&M (had to do some shopping), Rockefeller Center, Times Square, etc. Just wandered. Grabbed some dinner and we were about done. With only 2 - 3 hours of sleep the night prior and a crappy uncomfortable nap on the bus we were so tired. So we took the subway to see the Brooklyn Bridge. I love this bridge. I've never been there before and can't wait to go back. Unfortunately both of our cameras were not working so the picture is my attempt of me on the Brooklyn Bridge. It's amazing! We grabbed a subway to Chinatown... hopped on the bus and got back to Baltimore about 1/1:30am. Couldn't wait to take a shower .... I always feel so dirty after walking around NYC all day! All in All.... I always have fun when I go to NYC. I'll miss living so close to it!
1 comment:
Looks like you are having fun the last weeks you are in DC!
Post a Comment