So this weekend a few friends and I decided to do an overnight camping trip about an hour outside DC. We hiked in about a mile and camped for the night. It was a lot of fun. I had googled campfire dinners and desserts and found a lot of great things to try out. So we had great tinfoil dinners, then peach cobbler and banana boats for dessert. Breakfast in the morning was also made in tinfoil in the fire. I was actually impressed with how it all turned out. We hung out around the campfire, woke up nice and early thanks to the most annoying birds ever, and just enjoyed the outdoors. It was so hot though. I was sweating in the middle of the night. That doesn't happen in the Northwest. Even at 7:30 in the morning it was hot. Oh... they even had port o potties up there since it was a state park. I'm not a huge fan nof squatting in the woods. : ) I've been wanting to go camping since I moved out here and am so glad I got to go atleast once before i move.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Camping In Virginia
So this weekend a few friends and I decided to do an overnight camping trip about an hour outside DC. We hiked in about a mile and camped for the night. It was a lot of fun. I had googled campfire dinners and desserts and found a lot of great things to try out. So we had great tinfoil dinners, then peach cobbler and banana boats for dessert. Breakfast in the morning was also made in tinfoil in the fire. I was actually impressed with how it all turned out. We hung out around the campfire, woke up nice and early thanks to the most annoying birds ever, and just enjoyed the outdoors. It was so hot though. I was sweating in the middle of the night. That doesn't happen in the Northwest. Even at 7:30 in the morning it was hot. Oh... they even had port o potties up there since it was a state park. I'm not a huge fan nof squatting in the woods. : ) I've been wanting to go camping since I moved out here and am so glad I got to go atleast once before i move.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Bet I know who that is LOL Good pics though
lol... mom,mom,mom! You think you are so funny!
Love you though
i dont get it
i'll tell you when i talk to you.... remind me !
All you need is "pinky" and DP!!!! I can't wait till you're home for a visit! :)
Post a Comment