Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day Weekend I went to California
with some friends......


Left early Saturday morning and stopped in Yuma at Kneaders
for the most AMAZING french toast EVER!

My friend Bryan rented a sailboat on Coronado Island for the day/night
so we loaded up and set sail for the day

Relaxing on the boat

Im a wuss and it was freezing. I ended up with a sweater and a
blanket on and was still cold


Checking out the seals

I don't know how to describe my first sailing experience.
This picture of me driving the boat was
after a major case of sea sickness and a nap



I look high in this picture but it makes me laugh

After a day on the water we made steak, potatoes, and bread
Delicious

Our Captain Bryan and his crew

Ryan was our fisherman. He was up til 4 am and managed to catch
4 stingrays

Jules and I in our room for the night
amazingly comfortable


Jules and I by our sailboat

Group shot (minus Jake who we couldn't find)
After we finished with the sailboat we loaded up and drove north to
Carlsbad where we went to church, grabbed lunch, and hit
the beach. Turns out when you fall asleep in cut - offs you get a major sunburn
on the back of your legs. Whoops!!!
After Carlsbad we headed north again to Huntington Beach where
we grabbed dinner
at an amazing Italian Restaurant
attempted to get Pinkberry (they were closed)
then crashed in a hotel for the night


The next morning we woke up and headed to Huntington Beach
spent the day laying out and watching Rob attempt to surf

*After this picture we picked up our stuff to leave and I grabbed what I
thought were my flip flops. Whoops! It wasn't until we got to my place in Arizona
and Julia was giving me some stuff and said here are some flip flops
that I realized the ones I had on were not mine

We loaded up and grabbed In N Out
and of course.....

Made a special stop on our way out of town
I <3 California

1 comment:

Summer Mike and Paxton said...

I'm trying really hard not to break down in a jealous fit. I'll send you some pics of our photo shoot soon. MUCH love.